By Raw Living Foods
This herb isn’t just a commonly-used leaf and seed ingredient found in many tasty and exotic recipes, it’s also a powerful natural cleansing agent. Cilantro has been effectively used to help remove heavy metals and other toxic agents from the body.
The chemical compounds in cilantro actually bind to the heavy metals, loosening them from the tissues, blood and organs. Cilantro’s chemical compounds then aid to transport these harmful substances out of the body through elimination.
There is also a large amount of literature suggesting that cilantro could be one of nature’s best bonding agents, particularly for individuals who have been exposed to heightened levels of environmental toxins and mercury. Mercury excess is a common problem that may be the result of metallic teeth fillings or over-consumption of predatory fish. Many people suffering from excess mercury report that the feeling of disorientation resulting from the poisoning can be greatly reduced through consuming large and regular amounts of cilantro over an extended period.
Also, the rich qualities of cilantro oil have a powerfully positive effect on our inner digestive tract. The oils aid our digestive system in its production of digestive enzymes, acids and juices. The oil also helps to stimulate digestion through peristaltic motion.
The known benefits of cilantro are extensive, and researchers are discovering more every day. Currently, there are several well-known, well-documented benefits of raw organic cilantro, including:
* Powerful anti-inflammatory capacities that may help symptoms of arthritis
* Protective agents against bacterial infection from Salmonella in food products
* Acts to increase HDL cholesterol (the good kind), and reduces LDL cholesterol (the bad kind)
* Relief for stomach gas, prevention of flatulence and an overall digestive aid
* Wards off urinary tract infections
* Helps reduce feelings of nausea
* Eases hormonal mood swings associated with menstruation
* Has been shown to reduce menstrual cramping.
* Adds fiber to the digestive tract
* A source of iron, magnesium, and is helpful in fighting anemia
* Gives relief for diarrhea, especially if caused by microbial or fungal infections
* Helps promote healthy liver function.
* Reduces minor swelling
* Strong general antioxidant properties
* Disinfects and helps detoxify the body
* Stimulates the endocrine glands
* Helps with insulin secretion and lowers blood sugar
* Acts as a natural anti-septic and anti-fungal agent for skin disorders like fungal infections and eczema
* Contains immune-boosting properties
* Acts as an expectorant
* Helps ease conjunctivitis, as well as eye-aging, macular degeneration, and other stressors on the eyes.